Most of my patterns are intuitive. For instance a pattern can say “make 5 increases spread out on every 3rd row” or “repeat this row until you have this measurement”.
The intention with this is:
- become more free of the pattern (you don’t have to look into the pattern all the time)
- avoid using gauge and stitch markers
- to create freely and think for yourself (instead of being given all the answers)
- inspire you to understand design & construction so you eventually can make your own garment from scratch
Many of my recent patterns follow measurements, below I will guide you to my patterns.
If you are new:
- read the first 1-2 pages from start to finish – this will tell you all you need in terms of materials, stitches, the process and measurements
- take your measurements – use my video as a guide to help you – and write them down
- do one step at a time (instead of reading through the whole pattern, as that can be too much at a time)
- if you are unsure about anything go back to “Process” section or if there is a video/photo look at that as a help
If you are intermediate/advanced:
- you might not have to read everything to begin with – maybe you already know the stitch abbreviations
- look at the materials used
- take your measurements – write them down
- go to the actual pattern (if you need further instructions read the “Process” section.
Here are some videos that might be helpful:
Don’t hestitate to contact me on Instagram or via e-mail if you need further assistance. I am always happy to help you in any way that I can.