Hook: 6 mm
Yarn: Size 4/aran/worsted. Find yarn here (affiliate)
Stitches: Single crochet in back loop and half double crochet.
- Follow the Ellie shorts pattern and use the same measurements as describes. I made mine short – but just make sure the full length is longer than the crotch length.
- When doing the decreasing on the crotch and the hips, you are going to decrease less. I decreased about half as many stitches per row than the pattern says. Sometimes I only decreases 1/3.
- As the pattern is quite intuitive it won’t matter if you on some rows make less decreases than on others – just as long as front and front have the same stitches when you end the panel (and back and back have the same stitches at the end of the decreasing).
- For the waist. You are going to make half double crochet stitches through both loops. I made approximately 1-2 hdc per single crochet row – but just make sure to spread them out so you are not increasing on the waist band.
- You do the same as in the pattern, but you don’t insert elastic at the end – just make a small opening inside the waistband so you can insert a waist tie.
- Sew the waistband close and then use a safety pin to weave the waist tie into the waistband.
- Use this tutorial for the waist tie.
- Then weave the waist tie out through the stitches on the front and middle of the shorts.
Please consider donating so I can continue to create free content.